January 6th, 2014 •
Comments Off on Rheem Classic Series: 80% AFUE 2-Stage PSC Motor
Rheem Super Quiet 2 Stage 80% Furnace
The Rheem Classic Plus® Super Quiet 80 TM Gas Furnace has two stages of heating to save energy and keep your home at its comfortable best. Most furnaces are either “off” or “on” at 100% capacity, no matter what your heating comfort needs may be. The Rheem Classic® Plus Super Quiet 80 TM, however, operates at 70% and 100% capacity.
Most of the time, this furnace operates in its energy saving “low-heat” stage to deliver a gentle and steady flow of heating comfort. On the coldest days, when you need more heat, the furnace automatically switches to “high-heat” stage to deliver the maximum heating comfort.
The temperature of your home stays at the comfort level you select – wherever you set the thermostat.
Features & Benefits
- To help improve the sound quality of the Rheem Classic® Plus Super Quiet 80TM, we re-engineered the door and top-plate to provide a sound barrier between the furnace’s operation and your home.
- The integrated, two-stage control board directs activities of the gas valve and blower to efficiently keep your home at its comfortable best.
- The two-stage gas valve adjusts the flow of gas to the burner, providing “low heat” and “high heat” as needed for maximum fuel efficiency.
- Direct spark ignition is an extremely efficient way to light the burner while eliminating the need for a standing pilot. And for added safety during operation, the remote flame sensor constantly monitors the burner flame to ensure it is burning as it should.
- Because the Super Quiet 80TM two-stage usually runs at the lower speed, you will enjoy energy saving and operation that is quieter. Working in conjunction with the two-stage burner and the heat exchanger, this induced draft blower quietly pulls hot combustion gases through the heat exchanger and vents them safely outdoors.
- A permanent, washable filter makes it easy to keep a clean filter in place. No more filters to buy or store. A clean filter helps your furnace run more efficiently and can improve the indoor air quality of your home.